- Police investigate rape report in Raytown Central Middle School bathroom
- Survivor of KC triple shooting tells bizarre story to detectives
- Father charged in crash that killed two young sons
- Kansas City police chief to step down May 20
- NCAA Men's Midwest Regional takes over Sprint Center
- KMBZ Cover Story: The Reefer Revolution
- Overland Park PD: Potential vandalism suspect identified
- Garth Brooks world tour comes to Kansas City
- Water main break in KC prompts boil water advisory
- NCAA Regional Finals begin Thursday at Sprint Center
Shawnee Mission Pkwy. project to cause delays in Merriam
Drivers can expect traffic delays in Merriam for the next few months, as road crews begin a construction project along Shawnee Mission Parkway at I-35.
The road and bridge improvement project will require officials to reduce traffic to two lanes for eastbound and westbound traffic.
The work is slated for 80 calendar days, said Carl Sanders, Merriam Projects Coordinator.
"Roughly, June 21 would be the completion date," Sanders said.
Sanders recommends using an alternate route to avoid using Shawnee Mission Parkway at I-35 until the project is complete.