- Remodeled homes tour offers lots of ideas for restless homeowners
- Missouri lawmakers advance bill to shield lodging websites from local regulation
- KC parking lot deaths point to dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Report: Deteriorating Kansas roads cost drivers big bucks
- Chiefs trade up for Texas Tech quarterback in NFL draft
- Missouri vets head to Colorado cannabis conference
- Police looking for tips in Jimmy Johns robbery (video)
- Police investigate burglaries in Crossroads (video)
- Jackson County prosecutor office launches online fundraising for murder victim's mother
- Dashcam video shows Overland Park Police sergeant wrestle with gunman
Shawnee Mission Pkwy. project to cause delays in Merriam
Drivers can expect traffic delays in Merriam for the next few months, as road crews begin a construction project along Shawnee Mission Parkway at I-35.
The road and bridge improvement project will require officials to reduce traffic to two lanes for eastbound and westbound traffic.
The work is slated for 80 calendar days, said Carl Sanders, Merriam Projects Coordinator.
"Roughly, June 21 would be the completion date," Sanders said.
Sanders recommends using an alternate route to avoid using Shawnee Mission Parkway at I-35 until the project is complete.