- Platte County Sheriff's Office looking for missing teen
- Claims of sexual assault at the Paseo Academy
- Man wanted for murder sought by police, US Marshals
- Man opens fire with rifle in Independence QT parking lot (video)
- KCMO celebrates Earth Day with recycling event
- Demo begins on old Metcalf South mall
- West Platte High coach killed in crash on I-29
- Judge blocks Missouri's abortion-restricting rules
- Independence man pleads guilty in crash that kills Overland Park couple
- Suicide: The Silent Epidemic
Body found in field near Harrisonville
The Cass County Sheriff's office is investigating after a body was found in a farm field near Harrisonville.
The man's body was found on 278th near State Route DD around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Investigators are combing the field looking for evidence.
Deputies haven't said what caused the man's death. There were no obvious signs of foul play. An autopsy is underway.
This is the third body found in a field in recent weeks in Cass County. Jessica Runion's remains were discovered by a mushroom hunter. Another unidentified set of human remains was also uncovered near Runions.